Our New Studio: His + Hers + Coco's

9/25/2012

**Update: Our office tour is now featured on The Everygirl! Take a peek and also check out my DIY Glitter Mousepad & Pencil Cup tutorial, to add a little bling to your workspace.**

It's finally ready to reveal, hooray! Welcome to our little office, I'm so happy to have you lovelies as our first guests. I had so many ideas when I was planning our new space, but there were two main things that I wanted to focus on. 1. It had to reflect both of our personalities. 2. It needed to be inexpensive and clean, because who isn't on a budget, right? Mission complete. A budget friendly, minimalistic, fresh-white, his and hers office with room for our little executive, Coco Bean.


My husband and I wanted to have our own inspiration boards, since after all, this is a place where you want to feel creative and keep motivated. For our boards we purchased adhesive cork board tiles (on sale) and painted them a vanilla white so they would blend into the walls nicely. After we placed them where we wanted, we pinned up our favorite photos, cards, and quotes. They turned out great, so fun and personal. The retro white barstools we found on craigslist, $30 for the set. Hallelujah!

Hers: I added feminine pops of color on my side of the room with little hints of DIY sparkle. Most of the items in the room were from thrift stores or just stuff we accumulated through the years and spruced up to look new, which was very kind on our pocket book. The new items I purchased were my organizers from The Container Store, and my 2013 Cities calendar from Rifle Paper Co

Above is a honey jar that I cleaned out and placed our thumb tacks in. I made a DIY glittered mousepad (inspired by Anthropologie), and I also spray painted a drinking glass white, and glittered the rim like you would salt a margarita glass. The gold accents throughout the room play off of one another in a pretty way. It was cheap, easy, and added some whimsy. A little bit of whimsy never hurt anyone!


His: We spent a whole weekend going through images and quotes to pin on Tanner's inspiration board, and I have to say I really enjoyed that. It was important to me that he had a 'guy' space to study for exams, and had lots of encouraging and motivating quotes to remind him of his goals. And of course he wanted to include his Father's day portraits of Bean. His area is clean, uncluttered, and streamlined. Fits him well!




Here are some other views of the room. I love the little reading corner with my trusty wicker chair. I've had it since I was 13 and it's tagged along with me from apartment to apartment. Do I spy a DIY paw print in that cubby?

I'm loving this "The Best of Life is at the Table" notebook that I received as a gift from a dear friend of mine. I write our grocery list in it every week, so handy! This acrylic letter separater in the middle also serves as an extra collar holder for Coco. Such a diva. Oh, and I gotta have post its! I have lists coming out my ears, but they keep me sane. Below are magazine files dedicated to school papers and junk mail to shred. They eliminate clutter which is A-okay in my book. 



Now I will retreat to my little oasis and work on some fun posts we have in store for you. Have a great week, friends!

A special thank you to my father-in-law & husband for building our space efficient desk. You rock!

You Might Also Like

40 comments

  1. Will you come and redecorate my office? Love the crisp white and those glitter accents. Office crush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Heidi! You have fabulous taste so that is a huge compliment for me ;)
      And of course!! xo

      Delete
  2. Aw thank you Kim!! I hope you and your family are doing wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your office is absolutely adorable! I've been wanting to redo ours for a while now, but I know that it won't be as beautiful as yours. Fantastic job my dear!

    xoxo,
    Joelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joelle! That means so much coming from such a talent like you! xox

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, your office is so, so lovely! Full of inspiring touches and clever storage solutions. The dash of sparkle is fab, too! :) Cheers from London! Will

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! Awesome quotes! You can also add, “Sic Magna Parvis” – Greatness from small beginnings. I like this motto since it sums up where we came from and what we want to aspire to as a business organization. I can see that it suits you too. It looks to me that with your passion and creativity, you’ll definitely be going to bigger places. ;)

    Blake Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so funny, I was just looking at a version of that lovely "Work Hard, Stay Humble" print on Etsy...I think this shop sells something like it :)

    https://www.etsy.com/listing/112783266/eat-well-travel-often-art-print

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you mind telling us how you made a DIY glittered mouse pad? I LOVE the look! Did you spray glitter, or did you glue it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you! My DIY tutorial will be on The Everygirl tomorrow :)

      Delete
    2. Great! I am SO looking forward to reading that!

      Delete
  8. I love your inspiration boards! Do you know what color paint you used and how did you apply the paint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sara! I used a Martha Stewart Vanilla White. I'm not sure what the exact name was, but it was just slightly off white. x

      Delete
  9. i am in love with your office! xx I got glimpses of it from your feature on the everygirl.com and good thing I went on ahead and searched for your blog xx

    Francesca blogs at http://primpandpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the notes, and the sign's message is so moving and heartwarming! I also love the prints; it's clean, lovely, and so attractive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where did you get the shelf desk from? I'm trying to find one just like that! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie! My father in law made it from scratch – it is just two boards painted with and mounted on shelf brackets :)

      Delete
    2. Awesome, and cost-friendly! Looks great!!! ;)

      Delete
    3. Yes it was very inexpensive! Thank you :)

      Delete
    4. Hi Sarah, I'm trying to do this too! What kind of boards did you use? What kind of dimensions? Thanks so much!

      Delete
    5. I am also wondering dimensions and type of board? And type of brackets used? I just moved to New York and looking for this exact solution!!

      Delete
  12. HI! Amazing post... great photos sooo light, fresh I was trying to do the same but with not much lack in it ;) I probably have too dark lenses... anyway. You live in really great place, with lot of natural lighting in it, working space is so clear, I love it :) Thanks for sharing, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely! And I love the chairs!! I'm looking for something similar for my studio, where did you get them?

    Thanks
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely space. Where did you get the desk board ?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great!

    We Love your skills.
    Keep sharing good stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for a marvelous posting! I truly enjoyed reading it, you
    might be a great author. I will make sure to bookmark your blog and will come back very soon. I want to encourage you to continue
    your great writing, have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This article is very helpful and interesting too. Keep doing this in future. I will support you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This post truly made my day. You can not imagine just how much time I had spent for this info!Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing this marvelous post. I m very pleased to read this article.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Before Commenting, I wanna say thank you for providing this great information. I feel too good to read it this awesome blog. Keep sharing this type of content.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You always comes with great stuff for your user. Thanks for being user friendly :) and Keep posting such great stuff

    ReplyDelete